Recipe by: LindaPinda
- 1 cup milk
- two tablespoons white sugar
- one (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- one/4 cup melted shortening
- six cups all-goal flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Include all elements to record
- Include all components to checklist
two h 15 m
- Warm the milk in a tiny saucepan until it bubbles, then get rid of from heat. Combine in the sugar, stirring right up until dissolved. Allow amazing till lukewarm. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Allow stand right up until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a huge bowl, combine the milk, yeast mixture, shortening and 3 cups flour. Beat till smooth. Include salt and rest of flour, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead. Place in greased bowl, cover, and allow rise.
- Punch down. Roll out to about 1/two inch thick. Reduce rounds with biscuit cutter, drinking glass, or empty tuna can. Sprinkle waxed paper with cornmeal and set the rounds on this to rise. Dust tops of muffins with cornmeal also. Cover and let rise 1/two hour.
- Heat greased griddle. Cook muffins on griddle about 10 minutes on each side on medium heat. Maintain baked muffins in a warm oven till all have been cooked. Permit to amazing and spot in plastic bags for storage. To use, split and toast. Great with orange butter, or cream cheese and jam.