- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- one/4 teaspoon pepper
- one-1/two pound ground completely cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/four cup c > View Recipe
- In a massive bowl, beat the eggs include milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Include ham and pork mix properly. In a shallow baking pan, form meat mixture into an 8×4-in. oval. Insert a thermometer. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Spoon over loaf. Bake 40 minutes longer or right up until the thermometer reads 170°, basting sometimes with glaze.
As a extremely younger girl, I bear in mind my excellent grandmother (born in 1902) generating ham loaf and I often loved it. I never remember seeing a recipe, just remembered standing on a step-stool at her counter “helping” her make it. I have looked for years for this recipe and I do think following striving this last night, that I have identified it! Great! There was an additional comment about the glaze becoming so watery, nicely it is supposed to be. You dish it over the ham loaf as it is baking and it seeps in. I guess it ought to be labeled as a baste instead of a glaze, but it is terrific. Kudos to you and thank you so considerably for sharing this recipe.
I make this for my family members whenever I have leftover Baked ham. My family cannot get ample of this ham loaf!
There was way too much milk in this recipe, it was extremely soupy right after adding almost everything. I extra an further egg, an almost certainly an additional cup of dry breadcrumbs. The vinegar, brown sugar topping was quite watery. I threw it out and mixed brown sugar, dry mustard and dark brown mustard, which made a paste, rather than a watery mixture. I also divided the ham/pork mixture and made two meat loaves.